- Is your partner’s slogan: My way or the Highway?
- Is this an issue?
- Who’s Right? Does it matter?
Women and men are unique creatures. As Dale Carnegie puts it, “When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.” Technology may be advancing however humans are “creatures of habit.” This doesn’t mean we can’t modify our behavior or be more “mindful.” When you come home does your partner tell you what to do, where to go and what not to do? When you start talking are you cut off with an immediate “no?” If that sound like your relationship, read some solutions below:
- First step is both of you need to be mindful
- For 24 hrs. both of you write down everything you say to your partner
- Then read it and ask yourself how you would react to someone who speaks and acts that way
- Where a colored rubber band around your write to remind you to think respectfully and positive about your partner
- Use humor
Hit “He thought; She said” to read a scenario of a couple wondering “who’s the boss?” Find out what he thought she said and how they handled it.